Saturday, January 17, 2009

ME AND MY GANG!!!
We had a great weekend! Our friends the Steven's invited us to her mom's house for the weekend. Her mom lives on a ranch in Belfry, Montana. We had a great time! We loaded up the car with our soda pop, sleeping bags and hunting gear and took a weekend getaway to hang out in the middle of no where, which was gorgeous and perfect and very much needed. We stayed in Grandma Linda's old log cabin style house that had so much character. The kids slept on the floor next to the wood stove and Matt and I slept in an old room filled with so much history. The next morning the guys left to go for breakfast at the nearest (and only) diner and then they went goose hunting. The girls and the kids stayed back to play outside and go horse back riding. We also spent 3 quarters of the day listening to Collin whine and say hold me. He is such a mommas boy. A little later we took the boys by horse over to where the men were so they could hunt for a while (post to come). We had such a relaxing, out of the ordinary weekend. There was no Internet, T.V., stoplights, congestion or noises. We had fresh picked farm eggs and elk sausage for breakfast. I could really get used to that life minus the fact that there are not a lot of opportunities in such small towns. And of course no malls, fast food, Wal-Mart, Target or Taco Bell, you know, all of the important things. The kids won't forget this for a long time.
Thanks Grandma Linda and the Steven's Carter, Weston, Kenadie and Abigail

Matt says with my hat I don't look like I belong on a horse.
Carter's horse was a bit lazy????
Abigail is a natural







8 comments:

Grandma Shauna said...

I want to go to Grandma Linda's!

Looks like you had a fun time and I bet the kids had a ball.

Katie said...

I'm loving your photos! Email me and tell me how to do it.

Evans Fam said...

totally jealous...that looks and sounds like so much fun...my dream life. and great job on the photos...what is your trick?

{Brittany} said...

You are turning into quite the photographer/photshop girl. How are you doing all your cute effects? Love it!

Reeses Pieces said...

It's so nice to have friends with benefits. So kind of scary how much we look alike in that picture, at least to me. It kind of freaked me out.

Emily said...

CUTE --but it looks so cold! You guys are good to brave it! But I would suggest a nice indoor activity such as the new swimmin pool you commented about on my blog! :) And I was also wonderin if you are using Picasso or what you use for your photos?? BC I don't know how to do that with Photoshop...but I am sure there is a way!

alpinekleins said...

Hello - I followed the little link from Alyson's site over to your site! It is so beautiful, what a cute blog. Sounds like a grand adventure! Hope you don't mind if I peek in once in a while:)

Kristin Klein

natalie spratling said...

The photos look fabulous! It is always great to get away from the responsibilities of life.