Tuesday, August 24, 2010

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!
These two were definitely ready for school to start. We had a very busy summer! However, the last three weeks were uneventful and gave the kids time to realize they were bored and ready to have their minds stimulated again. Carter told me he couldn't believe he was going to admit that he was excited for school. I actually am not one of those moms that dreads summer. I like having my kids around, for the most part. I like not having a strict routine and just hanging out. I have this picture of the backpack on here because they weighed like 20 pounds a piece. They had so many school supplies they were asked to bring in there that I could barely zip them up. The school supply issue alone is a whole nother subject. Anyway, Abigail is starting 2nd grade and Carter is in 1st. Abigail has Mrs. Steinbiser and Carter has Abigail's teacher from last year, Mrs. Frank. We absolutely love the kids little school. It is way small town America and it is perfect. Both of these little blondie's are very smart. They are great little readers and very creative. They have really good friends and I will do my best to always keep it that way. So, here's to another great school year! Love you two!!

The honkin backpacks

Thanks to grandma my kids are always dressed so stylish!

handsome little guy isn't he???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Abigail looks like an absolute beauty!! Your kids are getting so big...STOP!

Alyson and Greg Markham said...

If Carter was ready for school, it must've been an uneventful few weeks..LOL!! Wow, I miss those kids!

Anonymous said...

Your kids are getting way to old!!! You know what that means... Someone else is getting old..

-Aaron