Saturday, August 18, 2012

Montana State Fair
(if you've been to one, you've been to them all)
 While Matt was at work I met Heidi and her kiddos at the fair.  Her kids are very involved in 4-H and so we went to see their projects and support them.  They had an exchange student from Japan named Hana who was the nicest and most smiley thing ever.  She also participated in Japan's form of 4-H and that is how she found out about Billings.   Of course, we had to ride the ghetto rides, that make you sick as a dog, as they crick and creak and squeal.  Then you have to try to keep your Navajo taco and foot long corn dog down:)  We also walked around to look at all of the animals.  The kids really do love animals and aren't nervous by them at all.  I'd have to say Carter is my most timid and that's just with big dogs really.  Kennedi was in the horse show and so we got to watch that.  We also were able to watch Kennedi and her horse participate in the parade.  She obviously dressed up as a cute little Japanese girl because thanks to Hana she had a darling kimono.  It's so fun to get to know people from other parts of the world.  I'm not sure I would dare send my 13 yr old daughter to Japan to live for the summer.  In fact, I am most positive I wouldn't and I'm not a super cautious person.  You gotta give it to those parents who can handle the unknown like that. Thanks to the Stevens once again, we got to experience more of the Montana life.



No comments: