Monday, September 7, 2009

WE TOOK THE PLUNGE!!!
Matt and I (mostly Matt) decided to give in to the madness and get a cat. Neither of us are cat lovers and if you remember we have a son with some serious allergy and breathing issues. BUT-we also have another issue with little, grey creatures with little tails that squeak. You got it-MICE!! We live in the middle of many corn and alfalfa fields and it is a no brainer that this was going to be a problem. We ignored it for a while but now we have a little squeaker we can't seem to get rid of. So, we took advantage of the offer a lady gave us to take home one of her kittens. And TA DAH-Meet Toby! He is a very cute little dude and is pretty low maintenance. My kids never leave him alone and he is constantly getting unwanted attention. Collin holds him as though he's going to strangle him. I swear the little thing is probably scheming his getaway. So far no problems with Collins breathing which is fortunate. I have to admit the little guy is adorable and has a small (very small)piece of my heart. I am not an animal girl, but I do have to say cats are way low maintenance, lazy and simple. Wish us luck with this undertaking.

4 comments:

Emily said...

You got a cat, huh? They are good for getting rid of mice, that's for sure. I actually like the neighborhood cats bc of that.

Mark and Emily said...

Toby is soooo cute!

Amber said...

We live in the same type of area with fields all around and we have major mice problems. I really want a cat but Jason refuses. If the mice continue to come in our house he might not have a choice!!

Reeses Pieces said...

Oh man, I can't ever let my kids see this post or my allergies will kill me....seriously kill me!