MY NEW WEAKNESS!
So, thanks to "Ace of Cakes" and "The Cake Boss" and the cake challenges on television I am now hooked and want to know more about this whole cake decorating world. I am intrigued by these talented pastry chefs and their abilities. I tell ya, if Billings had a pastry school I would love to be a student. So, this is my first fondant experience. I spent a weekend, and then another and another experimenting with fondant and butter cream and cake recipes. You know I tried many different professional recipes, but in the end my fellow Mormonites still had the best cake recipes. I also got my fondant recipe from a BYU professor of Home Ec. But I wasn't finding a butter cream that I loved that didn't taste like a stick of butter. So, after some trial and error I came up with my own recipe, and surprisingly it is really Great!! So, now the next adventure in this cake world is learning how to decorate polka-dots and stripes with fondant. I also will use vibrant colors and jazz it up. I also need some tools to help perfect the fondant and make it super flat. One day maybe I'll learn how to make flowers and all the fancy bells'n'whistles. If anything it's a fun family project. I make the cake, Matt helps with the fondant (it requires serious arm strength), Abigail and Carter help crack the eggs and dump the ingredients. Collin makes a bigger mess and then of course I round it up by eating it! And for those of you that have done Weight Watchers cake=death! So, we'll see how this go's!

2 comments:
YUM! I'll be happy to taste test it for you. I don't like the points though "death". Maybe just a taste. Maybe you'll have to bring that to Thanksgiving along with your faboulous yams.
That is a pretty cake. You are so talented in the cooking/baking department...not me so much. :)
Post a Comment