Thursday, August 27, 2009

FUN IN THE SUN!!!Once again, our friends the Stevens invited us for a fun weekend of camping, boating and fishing. We did the usual camp thing, slept in tents, campfires, smores, water skiing, tubing and of course a lot of eating and sunburning. As you can see from above, Carter was not in love with tubing. He really didn't love the water at all. He was more into the land activities. He was always looking for a crawdad, a frog or a grasshopper.
While we were out boating Matt got it good! Christopher went to push him in and Matt went to retaliate but wasn't successful.
Collin spent most of his day throwing rocks in the water and really wherever else he wanted to. He loves being outdoors and just using his imagination to create fun. There were all different colored lawn chairs and each one was a Transformer. That entertained him for pretty much a whole day.
Abigail's our water chick. She loves swimming and playing in the water. She however, does not like the initial jump into the water. She's like me that way. Once I'm in I am good, it's just taking the plunge. It was no Lake Powell water. The temperature of water here is a bit colder.
Carter was pretty much forced to go on the tube by me. His dad wouldn't do that to him. I knew he would eventually like it and I didn't want him to miss out. In the bottom right picture Carter is picking up trash. They had a trash picking up contest, and anything with a reward Carter moves extra fast at. But, no reward=a slow Carter.
My long legged, bony little pixy and me.
This is Samantha. She is always so helpful to me not matter what we're doing. She is always aware of everything and since we all know I'm all over the place she is always biggest help. Matt, the kids and I all love this girl!
I always have wondered why we eat the crappiest when we're going to be putting swimsuits on??? The food was great! Heidi made all of the meals and I was in charge of drinks and treats. I got off so easy. She said it was easier this way, but she got the raw end of the deal for sure.
Chris got a new fishing boat that is pretty stinkin cool. It shows you where the fish are, how far away they are, how deep they are, how big they are and much more. All you have to do is look at this nifty little screen. I might even be able to catch a fish at this rate. Anyway, the guys went fishing for a while and brought back a ton of beautiful fish that we fried up for dinner.
And of course, the crawdads. This was a nightly sport. Thank goodness for Sam who kept the kids entertained by picking up crawdads and giving them to the kids to keep.
We had such a great time, and we look forward to Labor Day
weekend when we can do it all over again!

2 comments:

Reeses Pieces said...

Looks like lots of fun. I wish I had a "heidi" here in Tn. She's so full of energy. Sad to say but my family has never been camping, like real camping. Dave and I always talk about it but we don't even have any camping equipment. Dave's become too spoiled with his job, he prefers the Marriott now. I'm getting excited for next week. Make sure you bring your boots so we can go dancing!

The Crazy Clawson's said...

so fun....and fun for the kiddos