Sunday, August 16, 2009

Marilyn DeBruin Peck
What an unexpected turn life can take. My grandma Mare passed away on July 20, 2009 from injuries due to a fall. Because of the fall many other health issues followed. Never Take Life Too Serious... Is something I learned from my Grandma Mare. My grandma was the glue that held this big huge Peck Family together. She was such a happy, positive and very spunky grandma. If she was not the ring leader of the fun she was close by. My grandma has taught me a lot about the importance of family and tradition. She has always been very open-minded and excepting of others. She is so outgoing and wanted to be a friend to all. She loved to talk and tell stories and would talk to anyone who would listen. She is so loved by a huge family and will always be missed but never forgotten. We will all join you one day as an eternal family.
I LOVE YOU-GRANDMA. Isn't she an attractive woman? I gotta be honest, she doesn't look much different from one photo to the next.
The grave site in Holiday, Utah where Grandma rests. It is always so amazing to see the family all step in and become a part of a wonderful celebration of life. What I love is everyone (even in-laws) are always in included in every event.

The blanket that hangs in Grandma and Papa's home that has a quote or thought from each of the kids and grand kids. To Abigail, Carter and Collin (mostly Abigail) one day I would love this same idea on my wall. Every time, I was at Grandma's I'd read this even though, I knew exactly what was on it. The bottom left is all of us in Mexico. What a crew we are!

1 comment:

Reeses Pieces said...

I'm almost scared to wear my necklace because I have such bad luck with jewelry. I'd hate to loose it. I almost need to just shadowbox mine so I know it's safe...not really I just really don't want anything to happen to it. YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN haha!