KEEPING IT SHORT AND SWEET!
I failed at taking pictures this past Thanksgiving. I usually am good at remembering my camera but not this time. This is actually not Thanksgiving day but the following Sunday I still made Thanksgiving dinner so we could have leftovers of our own. Matt loves leftovers (only on Thanksgiving though) and so we did our own turkey. This was the first time I've ever cooked a turkey. There's actually nothing to it, just like everyone said. Thanksgiving tradition is huge on the Warnick side and so I've tried to use the same recipes to carry it on. Of course, the Hooper sweet potatoes are a must, but I use the Warnick stuffing and pumpkin pie recipes. Like we have in the years past we got together with our dear friends, The Spratlings. Alyson and Greg were with us and another family called the Allen's came also. It was really yummy and way low key, just like we like it. Of course, the day after Thanksgiving I woke up with the chickens to race to all of the sales! I wasn't super impressed this year but I didn't come home empty handed so obviously I still found stuff. I could use this post to list all of the millions of things I'm thankful for but that would take days. So I'm picking just a few. -A patient husband. My husband is so patient with me. He's actually not really that patient at all but with me it's different. He is really quite patient with me and this roller coaster personality I throw his way. I am a mover and I sit down rarely. I am sensitive and insensitive. I am defensive and negative way too often and he still deals with me. I have so many things I need to work on as a wife and his eternal companion. He reminds me often through compliments and compassion (and sarcasm of course) that I am doing just fine. And as every girl knows those are two very important things to have.
My children-They're my life! What more needs to be said. I've never understood those people who say they don't want children. There's nothing better to remind you of why you exist. Their little broken record voices that drive me crazy are what I get up for every day. Without Collins big, deep blue eyes and Carter's perfectly round, smooth cheeks and Abigail's pink, heart shaped lips I would always know that something was missing.
I have so much to be thankful for but without these three things the rest would be seem pointless.
1 comment:
Collin cracks me up with his fruits and veggies and peelers. Funny kid!
Post a Comment