Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Something about Christmas Sunday
We quickly took a snapshot of the kids on the way into Alyson's and it turned out really good. This is Christmas Sunday and the kids look so great in their holiday gear, thanks Mom. Christmas Sunday is actually one of my favorite things about Christmas. I absolutely love it just sit and listen to the choir and their amazing voices carol to songs about the season. Quite honestly Christmas isn't my favorite holiday. With it comes a lot of stress and hustle and bustle. As a society it has become so out of hand and the meaning of this holiday has gotten lost some where along the way. Don't get me wrong watching my kids open Santa's gifts, eating a bunch of yummy, yummy food and family gatherings and giving to other's is all amazing. But I think I still tend to find it stressful. Anyway, it is always so pleasing to me and a reminder every Christmas Sunday that there is one sole purpose for this holiday. Through music and the spirit that touches me through it I reflect a lot on the birth of the Savior.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these little people.

Grandma Shauna said...

They look so handsome -- I want a copy of this picture.

brittanimae said...

Thanks for saying that Natalie--I'm not Christmas's biggest fan either! It's so much easier and more fun to exceed expectations on say, Valentines Day, than to live up to them all on Christmas!

brittanimae said...

Oh, and the kids look ADORABLE!