HAPPY NEW YEAR'S!!!
So, if you need a place to go next year and you want it to be super memorable you should come to the Warnick house. Reiley was here a couple of days before and said he wanted to make sure he was home by New Year's so he could have a good time. I might have embellished that a bit. Anyway, kind of a funny story. My mom had been telling the kids all day that at midnight you take pots and pans and go outside and run around and yell HAPPY NEW YEAR'S. She also believed that all of the other neighbor kids would be out there too. Well, the clock struck twelve and Abigail and Collin and I went outside and yelled HAPPY NEW YEAR'S! To Abigail's disappointment we were the only ones. She was really mad and totally irritated with all of us. Grandma was smart and fell asleep so she didn't have to deal with it. It was kind of sad and kind of funny at the same time. Then she came in and told Matt that he was a fun hater because he didn't want to do anything fun. Then she told me I was a fun hater. And then, Carter jumped on her bandwagon. They were so mad at this whole New Year's thing. Anyway, everyone went to bed mad, sad, irritated or exhausted. I thought it was all kind of funny! Anyway, I hope your 2010 brings a lot of happiness, blessings, trials that you're capable of overcoming and laughter.
Getting ready for the event!
Getting ready for the event!

4 comments:
Aw, that sounds so sad and fun at the same time. I love how kids (my kids at least) will say things like "this was the worst day of my life!" every second day or so. Life is so dramatic.
I like that story...I've always felt like the whole New Year's celebration at midnight was kind of a letdown too...I guess I am a fun hater...I love kids!
I wish we could have been there... I think you guys should try to come down in April, its been too long..
Aaron
That's so funny! I love that your Mom hyped the whole thing and then fell asleep. We tell our kids that it's New Year's at 10:00 {it is on the East Coast} and then put them too bed so that we can stay up and party! All your blog posts are so cute. It's been so long since I've commented. I'm glad to see you're doing well!
Post a Comment