NEW YORK, NEW YORK
My cousin Kelsey and Nicole were talking last spring and decided it would be so much fun to start a cousins trip tradition--they got the word out, started planning not knowing how many would be able to come, and decided if this first one went well it would be an ongoing tradition every couple of years. Almost all of my Peck girl cousins were able to join us. We missed those who weren't able to come and can't wait until they get to join us next time. As Kelsey and Nicole started talking they thought it would be so much fun for my Papa Peck to come too. They asked and he was in!!! We had such a blast with him! It was also very fun catching up and getting to know our cousins even better. I have to admit going to New York prego was exhausting. But not going would have killed me. I would have missed out on an amazing trip. I had a blast and I was definitely homesick for all of them when I got home. This is another LOOOOONG post but I just had to share all of our fun pictures and memories. The picture above is my sisters and I in front of The Rockefeller Center.
We decided to take the tour of Central Park bicycle style. These two super nice, and totally strong men from Africa took us on a tour of the park. We learned so much about the park, the movies filmed there, and just random facts. I would for sure do this again. Poor guys lugging this pregnant body around. Can't remember but I hope I tipped him good.
Standing outside of Serendipity's. I went way out of my element and ordered nachos. I don't usually order that unhealthy. Let's just say they were the best nachos I'ver ever had. My dad, husband and brother-in-law Dave would have been in heaven.
The "must-sees"
Nicole and Fatty! I didn't think my face had gotten that big this time around-yeah right! Anyway, who cares I guess.
My cousin Kelsey and Nicole were talking last spring and decided it would be so much fun to start a cousins trip tradition--they got the word out, started planning not knowing how many would be able to come, and decided if this first one went well it would be an ongoing tradition every couple of years. Almost all of my Peck girl cousins were able to join us. We missed those who weren't able to come and can't wait until they get to join us next time. As Kelsey and Nicole started talking they thought it would be so much fun for my Papa Peck to come too. They asked and he was in!!! We had such a blast with him! It was also very fun catching up and getting to know our cousins even better. I have to admit going to New York prego was exhausting. But not going would have killed me. I would have missed out on an amazing trip. I had a blast and I was definitely homesick for all of them when I got home. This is another LOOOOONG post but I just had to share all of our fun pictures and memories. The picture above is my sisters and I in front of The Rockefeller Center.
We decided to take the tour of Central Park bicycle style. These two super nice, and totally strong men from Africa took us on a tour of the park. We learned so much about the park, the movies filmed there, and just random facts. I would for sure do this again. Poor guys lugging this pregnant body around. Can't remember but I hope I tipped him good.
Standing outside of Serendipity's. I went way out of my element and ordered nachos. I don't usually order that unhealthy. Let's just say they were the best nachos I'ver ever had. My dad, husband and brother-in-law Dave would have been in heaven.
The "must-sees"
Nicole and Fatty! I didn't think my face had gotten that big this time around-yeah right! Anyway, who cares I guess. Super cool to see the temple amongst all of the skyscrapers.
It wouldn't be New York trip without purse shopping. This middle picture is Little Italy. It is such a cool place to go to at night.
We left right in the nick of time. Just weeks later people were occupying this street because they're mad at the government and investors and banks and just mad in general:)
Becky, Nicole, Fatty and Emily
Like I said-EXHAUSTING! I'm a really pretty sleeper don't you think? Doing the double decker red bus thing that my grandpa insisted we do because it's covers so many sights. Boy was he right! I don't know that I'd do it any other way if I wanted to do the touristy thing. You learn so much more about the city and the history of New York. The guides were so knowledgable and I loved this.
The girl's getting on "Extra," Eating at Rice to Riches (from the movie Hitch and by far one of the yummiest places), standing with the drummer from the band Roots.
9/11 Memorial Site
Being in New York on September 11th was a really neat experience. It was reverant and somewhat intimidating all in one. Seeing the buildings and all of the memorial sites and services was something to cherish. But being in Time Square amongst hundreds of policemen and staying in a hotel with secret service made it feel a little threatening. What a neat experience to feel the spirit in the air and the pride of the city.
Ground Zero
My Grandpa took us all to the famous "Plaza" Hotel for brunch. It was so fun to get dawled up and share fancy food together. I know my Grandma was looking down and thinking she taught him right and wished she could be there.
It wouldn't be New York trip without purse shopping. This middle picture is Little Italy. It is such a cool place to go to at night.
We left right in the nick of time. Just weeks later people were occupying this street because they're mad at the government and investors and banks and just mad in general:)
Becky, Nicole, Fatty and Emily
Like I said-EXHAUSTING! I'm a really pretty sleeper don't you think? Doing the double decker red bus thing that my grandpa insisted we do because it's covers so many sights. Boy was he right! I don't know that I'd do it any other way if I wanted to do the touristy thing. You learn so much more about the city and the history of New York. The guides were so knowledgable and I loved this.
The girl's getting on "Extra," Eating at Rice to Riches (from the movie Hitch and by far one of the yummiest places), standing with the drummer from the band Roots.
9/11 Memorial Site
Being in New York on September 11th was a really neat experience. It was reverant and somewhat intimidating all in one. Seeing the buildings and all of the memorial sites and services was something to cherish. But being in Time Square amongst hundreds of policemen and staying in a hotel with secret service made it feel a little threatening. What a neat experience to feel the spirit in the air and the pride of the city.
Ground Zero
My Grandpa took us all to the famous "Plaza" Hotel for brunch. It was so fun to get dawled up and share fancy food together. I know my Grandma was looking down and thinking she taught him right and wished she could be there.





1 comment:
How fun! I love that your Grandpa came with all of you.
Post a Comment