GIRL'S CAMP 2012
"RAISE YOUR TORCH"
This year our girl's camp theme was an Olympic theme. I knew with it being an Olympic year and with the worldwide theme being "Arise and shine forth that thy light might be a standard to the nations" that this would be so fun and perfect. I am honestly so busy at camp that I never make time to take pictures and so I have pretty much nothing. I do have to tell you though, I love my calling! It is super challenging and there's a huge time commitment but I wouldn't trade it for another. I love being able to lead these incredible young women for a week of beauty and fun. I love being able to provide a spiritual experience for the girl's away from the world. I love their contagious energy. I will be super sad when I am released and have to live vicariously through the other women in the stake. I know that Girl's Camp is an inspired activity and I know that it is a complete testimony builder. I will forever be a fan of Girl's Camp.
Miss Eliza and Kendall decided to take my camera and go crazy with close-ups of their faces. They couldn't be more different and yet they are connected at the hip. Eliza might have the most beautiful voice ever and Kendall might be the funniest teenager ever! Love these two.
Since we had an Olympic Theme, every meal was prepared with a different country in mind. I absolutely love to eat pretty much anything and all day and so having these women prepare the yummiest food ever made for a great week.
BY THE WAY-WORST job at camp!!!
Playing our own "Olympic Games." It was so entertaining to watch the girls participate in these silly games. Can you believe all of these adult women doing the splits?
In my dreams could I be that flexible and fit.
So, having grown up in Utah and attending camp in the mountains outside of Park City makes it pretty hard to top such beauty. But, I think I have a pretty close second. The beauty of this morning with the fog and sunrise and then seeing the beautiful girls reading their scriptures...breathtaking. One of those moments I will forever remember in my personal photo album I call my mind:)




No comments:
Post a Comment