HELP!!!
For all of you computer/blogging whizzes out there, I need your help. I can't get my memory stick for my camera to work. I even went and bought a new one. Every time I insert it into my laptop it doesn't read that there's a stick in there. I am about to freak out because I actually have this blogging thing down. So, if any of you have the answer or this has happened to you let me know. I would really appreciate it!!!
7 comments:
This is not me with this knowledge, it's my husband. He says to check and make sure that the memory stick reader is showing up on the hardware list and if it's not showing up, you have reinstall the hardware or download a new driver. I have no idea what any of this means, but maybe it will make sense to you....
Good luck - kelsey
My Adivice: Call a neighbor boy that knows how to do computers -- that's what I do when things aren't happening just right.
I can't help, but I CAN send good karma! *good karma*
See if that helps ;)
So, when I get really stuck, I go to "Firedog" (aka- circuit city tech guys) they are cheaper than Best Buy (Geek Squad) and not so busy. But, I liked Kelsey's answer too :)
Have you tried just restarting your computer? If that doesn't help go to "Mycomputer" and click on the port that you put your memory stick into and see if that pulls it up. ?? Good luck!
My advice..do what I following do:
Step 1: say a few choice words and yell at your computer as if it actually can hear you.
Step 2: Be on the verge of crying at any moment but if you cry your computer will know that it won, so don't give in!!
Step 3: Leave the room so you don't hurt anything!
Step 4: ALL OF THE ABOVE advice and wisdom you have received from beloved friends and family.
GOOD LUCK!!
Emily giving computer advice... =p
however, that is exactly what i would tell you to do.
if it does not show up in "my computer" you may have a problem with your motherboard.
drivers for usb thumb drives normally come on the unit itself
and if its a SD/XD/whatever card im pretty sure they dont require drivers
whats the make/model of this "memory stick" ill look it up and see that i can find
Post a Comment