Monday, September 22, 2008

Neighborhood Party 2008

WHY ME???
I don't know why I keep having these events because it seems as though something can always go wrong. About five minutes after all of our neighbors started arriving for our annual neighborhood BBQ it decided to start poring rain. The idea was to have everyone over to our circle on a nice summer night. YEAH RIGHT!!! Luckily Alyson and Greg were there to help Matt and I move everything in to our garage in record time. It gave new meaning to the term, "too close for comfort." We all got really close (literally) and I think everyone still had a really good time. The kids loved the rain and the mud even more. I guess rain or storm when you're intoxicated (as many of our neighbors seemed to be) the weather means nothing. Maybe we all needed a couple of drinks???Imagine that, Collin found something to get in to.
The frog the kids were entertained by the whole night
My intentions were good at one point as far as the decor.
I love that all of the guys still include Matt in their drunken small talk. They always have a couple of Diet Pepsi's that they bring along for him. What I love even more is that I married a non-judgemental person:)
Collin was a bit freaked out by the initial downpoar
This picture with the rainbow is way cool!

The kids in their hut
I though Alyson and Ty both looked so cute in this shot!

4 comments:

Kelsey and Tony said...

Yay! You got it all fixed - way to go!

Kelsey

Stephers said...

It looks like you still had a super fun time and a good turn out :) Sorry the weather was so poor, but it always makes for good memories!

kelsey said...

It looks like it was still a great party. I think that any party you through would be great though. I also think that Matt married an equally non-judgemental person.

Anonymous said...

That's cool you are the neighborhood party instigator. Rain or not, looks like a fun party. You will remember this more than any party you'll have on a sunny day.