Wednesday, December 22, 2010

ONE OF OUR FAVORITE EVENTS!!!
We are so lucky to have grandparents who do so much to keep us closely bonded. Like we have since I was born and before then, we got all dawled up and headed to the Cottonwood Club for our Peck family Christmas party. Gosh, I am just so blessed to have these people in my life. We played games, ate such yummy food, watched the ceiling almost crash on us from the dancing up stairs and received our Biggest Loser rewards. It was such a great night, it always is. Finally, like Papa always has, he passed each of us (over 70) our gift and had us wait to open it until everyone had one. Then of course, we all ripped them open to see the surprise. And boy was it ever a surprise! My grandpa is taking all of us (over 70) on a Disney Cruise. I know all of you are coveting my grandpa right now. It is absolutely the best! My kids will have the time of their little lives. Gosh, if the best memories aren't made on vacations then I don't know where they're made. Thank you Papa for just being you! All of the Hooper grand kids. Don't they look great in their matching get-up. Grandma Shauna always makes sure they arrive in style.
All of my grandpa's children gave him an Alaska cruise amongst some other things. He was super grateful and even emotional looking at the calendar that told all of the dates but also pictured Grandma Mare in them. I will never forget this special moment where I watched my grandpa so closely read this card. He touched my heart that evening. I will also never forget watching my Uncle Randy watching him read it. It was a special moment for me. I saw an amazing amount of love that evening.
Family is why I smile!

No comments: