Monday, June 13, 2011

"DANCING QUEEN" Abigail finally decided after a couple of years that she was going to give dance a try. When she was four we signed her up and she wanted absolutely nothing to do with it. So, we tried again and she thought it was great-AT FIRST. She soon decided that she wasn't a fan of it but Matt and I told her she needed to at least finish up the year and perform what she had learned in her recital. She told me week after week that she thought it was boring. The funny thing is, is at home she is a dancing machine. She does hip hop moves constantly and is a funky little thing. So, I think the problem is that ballet and tap are super boring to her and she loves jazz and hip hop. So, we made it to the recital and she absolutely loved performing and getting all dawled up. After her recital I asked her if she wanted to take again and she enthusiastically said, "YES!" So, a couple of days ago I told her it was time for dance sign-ups and she moaned and told me she didn't want to take it again. Needless to say she loves dancing, but to her own beat. She doesn't love the structure (like mother like daughter). I can't fault her for this and I can't make her like something I want her to. She will find her thing and excel at it whatever it may be. Thanks for sticking it out Abigail.

prettiest little performer out there
it's so fun to sit and be a proud parent

her two biggest fans...

Okay, so they hated every second of the recital, I'm not going to lie. Thank goodness for Dad's phone that kept them busy playing games.


1 comment:

Alyson and Greg Markham said...

Abigail is getting so big, so fast. I can hardly believe it!