Sunday, June 5, 2011

ONE OF OUR FAVORITE PAST TIMES One of the things Matt and I have in common is we love to do yard work. Okay-love might be a strong word but it's something we enjoy doing together. We each have our areas of speciality. Matt is always over the vegetable garden and grass and I'm in charge of the flower beds and weeding. There is just something so therapeutic to me about weeding. Although, I feel like once I actually sit down to start that not even two seconds later a kid needs something. Part of parenthood I guess. So, we had our yard all weeded, all of our plants were healthy and looking spiffy and the grass was fertilized and green. The corn had been planted and the deck had been stained. THEN-came the tornado/hail. It was awful. It was like everything was destroyed instantly. I can't even imagine what happens to those who are closer than the five miles to the eye of the tornado. That's how close we were to it. It is such a bummer to see some of our plants and our garden now. Half of my flowers are trying to overcome death (lol) and our veggie garden is donzo. Our deck needs to be completely re sanded and stained again. I figure right now with it being July already we might just have to wait until next year. Oh well-It could be worse. I'll take this any day over the horrible devastation in Missouri and so many other places.



1 comment:

Alyson and Greg Markham said...

Wow, your camera takes good pictures. All the colors are so bright! Everything looks so pretty :)