FOURTH OF JULY WEEKEND WITH THE WARNICKS
If only Blake were in this picture:( We were super lucky to have almost all of the Warnicks here for the 4th. They were able to help us and half of our ward celebrate this holiday. June and Carl came and helped with the kids while I was at camp. What a blessing that was. It is awfully hard to ask for someone to watch your kids all day. As much as I know my ward would be willing, it's great to have family who can. For the past couple of years we have had a 4th of July barbecue at our house. We need to take advantage of our honkin back yard every once in a while. There's a certified pyrotechnician who does a firework show in our neighborhood. The whole neighborhood donates what they can and he fills in where it's needed. This year we had about $4,ooo.00 in fireworks. If you ask me that's ridiculous. I can think of hundreds of other things to spend my money on, but that's just me. Anyway, we take advantage and invite tonz of people over for the event. Our neighbors all do the same. We all open up our fences and yards to everyone and it's a huge party. This year, thankfully the Warnicks were here, not only to help out but to hold the fort down-literally. A few minutes before the party was about to start the tent we borrowed from my employers blew away and broke. I've never seen wind like this before. Luckily Ethan and Bryson were here to help, otherwise it would have been me out there trying to help Matt. I'm sure he was much more patient with them. At that point I knew I had lost control of any organization what-so-ever and that the party would go on with or without me being prepared. It ended up being a beautiful night and the show was awesome.
Family picture at our own little firework show
Watching our little "small town America" parade
Just hanging out-I half to tell you that the picture of Carl and this little boy named Dane just kills me. This is a little boy in our ward and he absolutely took to Carl. While everyone was out mingling Dane was snuggled up to Carl watching Finding Nemo. I guess kids can sense a Grandpa from anywhere.
If only Blake were in this picture:( We were super lucky to have almost all of the Warnicks here for the 4th. They were able to help us and half of our ward celebrate this holiday. June and Carl came and helped with the kids while I was at camp. What a blessing that was. It is awfully hard to ask for someone to watch your kids all day. As much as I know my ward would be willing, it's great to have family who can. For the past couple of years we have had a 4th of July barbecue at our house. We need to take advantage of our honkin back yard every once in a while. There's a certified pyrotechnician who does a firework show in our neighborhood. The whole neighborhood donates what they can and he fills in where it's needed. This year we had about $4,ooo.00 in fireworks. If you ask me that's ridiculous. I can think of hundreds of other things to spend my money on, but that's just me. Anyway, we take advantage and invite tonz of people over for the event. Our neighbors all do the same. We all open up our fences and yards to everyone and it's a huge party. This year, thankfully the Warnicks were here, not only to help out but to hold the fort down-literally. A few minutes before the party was about to start the tent we borrowed from my employers blew away and broke. I've never seen wind like this before. Luckily Ethan and Bryson were here to help, otherwise it would have been me out there trying to help Matt. I'm sure he was much more patient with them. At that point I knew I had lost control of any organization what-so-ever and that the party would go on with or without me being prepared. It ended up being a beautiful night and the show was awesome.
Family picture at our own little firework show
Watching our little "small town America" parade
Just hanging out-I half to tell you that the picture of Carl and this little boy named Dane just kills me. This is a little boy in our ward and he absolutely took to Carl. While everyone was out mingling Dane was snuggled up to Carl watching Finding Nemo. I guess kids can sense a Grandpa from anywhere.

2 comments:
I would love to come to the 4th of July in MT again. Maybe in a couple of years.
I'm so behind on blogging. You've done so much-I'm impressed. Your YW are lucky to have you. Think how fun camp will be for you next year when you're not pregnant. Abigail looks so old in her dance pictures. It's crazy how much she's changed just since Christmas. See you in 4 days!!
Post a Comment