Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Santa Monica Pier

On this particular evening we decided to go to the pier. We stuck out like a bunch of MORMONS because I think we were the only ones there that were somewhat normal, sober and clean. I know it sounds rude but I'm going to have to admit that there are a bunch of wackies there. The Pier itself is really fun. It's got lots of people watching, rides, lots of unusual talent, yummy food and a beautiful view of the ocean. We went to a Mexican restaurant at the very end of the pier. It was the perfect timing with the sunset and the breeze. As we were walking back up the pier it was awful. My Grandma Elene was holding on to my big old pregnant arm so I could help her maintain some balance. As we were walking she tripped and fell pretty hard. I felt to dumb for not being reliable. I was worried for a minute but then her and her 80 yr old self got right back up and kept trucking along. It's scary when your grandparents get to a certain age, one wrong fall and it seems to turn in to a downward spiral from there. Places like Santa Monica Pier are not a good match for Matt and I. I like big crowds and people watching and Matt gets super paranoid with the kids and the wack-jobs. It made for our only night of the ten we were in California that we disagreed. I say not bad for the homebody and the go-getter.

Not nearly all, but some of the girl cousin's

The kids holding this man's parakeet or parrot or who know what??? It was how he made money. Sad really if you think about it.

No comments: