Thursday, February 2, 2012

THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING...HOPEFULLY???
So, my sister Alyson came up with this great idea to make a quilt for my mom for Christmas. She decided we should take all of our t-shirts my parents got us for our Disney trip and make a quilt. Well me, being the project girl I am and also being frugal decided that with the help of my neighbor I was going to take on this project. So, after everyone went me their shirts I got to work. The most fun part of making anything I have discovered is picking the fabrics. I wanted to do only red, yellows and blacks but because some of the shirts had pinks and purples in them I decided to incorporate a bunch of whimsical patterns. I loved learning a new craft. I can't say I would remember the process from start to finish again without a little help. My super cool neighbor walked me through the process over the phone because she was out of town all of November. Between her and google it came together for the most part. There are some places on the quilt I want to start over on but, "what are you gonna do?" I loved Alyson's idea and I know my mom will find a special place to put a reminder of all of her traveling companions.

1 comment:

Alyson and Greg Markham said...

I still can't believe you pulled this quilt off with all you had going on. It turned out AMAZING!