Thursday, June 12, 2008

Dad, Happy Father's Day!

"THE GENERAL"
My DAD will be so happy to know that all I had to do was google his name to get this picture. You would think I had a picture of my DAD downloaded, which I do, but not with him alone. This picture is a bit formal and militant but then again so is my DAD. I love having posts to let our loved ones know how much they mean to us. My DAD as many of you know is a great guy. He is very quiet and shy but with good reason. He is thinking about what he is going to say and the situation, unlike all of his posterity. My DAD is a very smart guy with lots of wisdom beyond his years. My DAD is a man of integrity and honor. He does everything the way it should be. He doesn't take the easy way or the popular way, but the right way. My DAD is a hard worker and has taught by example. All of us ( his children) know he works so hard for our family. My DAD is a quiet leader. My DAD is the definition of a patriot. Our family, if anything has learned what it means to love this great country. My DAD is a person not only me, but my husband looks up to. There are all kinds of DAD'S out there and my DAD is the guy for the job when it comes to the Hooper clan. DAD-I want you to know that although you beat yourself up about things you could have worked on as a father, nobody has a handbook. I continuously learn daily about the do's and don'ts ( mostly don'ts) of parenthood. I think that you raised five children with a testimony of the Gospel and a deep pride for this country and that in itself is pretty remarkable. I hope we have that kind of success in our home.

I Love You DAD-HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

2 comments:

Reeses Pieces said...

That's funny that you got that by googling it. I bet Dad's going to read this and wonder why the heck you can google his name in the first place:) I agree with your post. Very well said. Looks must run in the family. HAHA!

Alyson and Greg Markham said...

Doesn't he look SHARP! We were blessed with a great dad!