Young Woman's Girls Camp 2008
"Mission Possible"
I had a great experience at girl's camp this year. I was over the 2nd years and they were cake. They still aren't quiet old enough to dread camp and they enjoy being there. I had about 17 girls from the stake I was over and they were such an amazing group. We spent the week shooting, canoeing, doing ropes courses, cooking, performing skits, doing archery and just being silly. It's great to escape everyday life and the hustle and bustle of it to hang out and let loose in the mountains. It is also great learning from each individual girl and being awestruck at their diligence and knowledge of the Gospel. They surprise me weekly!
We were able to practice our archery skills which I was horrible at (no surprise there). We were also able to learn shooting skills and have target practice. I do have to say I was pretty stinkin good at this. I didn't miss the middle of the target once. The instructor told me I was the best he'd seen that day. Maybe I was taking out some negative energy. Sad but true, I actually really enjoyed shooting!
One of my favorite little girls Whitney Wells and me.
Aly Wardell, Me, Samantha Peterson and Charlie Stevens. It's amazing what a week in a non-formal setting can do. I got to know the girls in such a fun, laid-back setting.
This is the bruise I got on the ropes course. We had to get 10 girls including myself over a 15 ft. wall. I was the guinea pig and went first. I scraped my self up pretty good.
This is the group of girls I was over. They were so helpful, and hard-working and just a joy!
6 comments:
Looks like you have a great camp. We had years with no lake time, just crafts and heat. We graduated to canoes..never any shooting or ropes coarses. Looks like it hurt. Did your RS do anything for you when you got home from camp, like dinner or treats or anything???
I'm glad you finally got to go to girl's camp as a leader for almost the whole week. I love being a leader at camp. It's an eye opener to see how much time and effort goes into it too. I'm sure your girls love you. Way to be a trooper with all of the activities.
AAAhhh....such sweet memories of girls camp I spent with you!! Remember "Up in the Trees?" We were pretty much the coolest group ever. Girls camp really is something I always dread and always love. Go figure.
CUTE! That looked like fun! I would love to be in YWs!! How fun!
You and Nicole are so lucky! I have always wanted to be in YW. I have been in Sunbeams 3 times and never YW. It looks like you had fun - Girls camp brings back such memories!
That is awesome - I love it! It makes me totally miss girls camp. Nice bruise though! That's quite a souvenir to come home with! Looks like a super fun camp. I love the YW - they are awesome! I'm stuck in RS. . .blah, blah, blah. Glad you had a great time!
Post a Comment