My Grandma Elene came to town last week for a visit. Many people would say your mom's coming to town? And I would have to correct them and let them know that no it's my grandma. Then, they would ask how I got my grandma to come visit. I am actually very fortunate to have known all of my grandparents and most of my great-grandparents. Many people aren't that lucky. I am also even more fortunate to have a close relationship with my Grandma Elene. So her coming to visit was no surprise. She is definitely a very spunky lady. She says such funny things and she has a crazy kind of wit. I am the oldest grandchild (along with Nicole) and I think that we bonded early on. There's no one else out there like my grandma and that's what makes her such a different kind of grandma. My kids were absolutely horrible while she was here. They tend to get a hundred percent of my attention and so they weren't used to having to fight for that attention. Hopefully she comes back to visit since they were so terrible. We'll need to work on that some more. Anyway, Grandma thank you so much for the fun week and the late nights with Jay Leno, the endless conversation and the late delirious giggles. We Love You!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Ok - this is why I LOVE the Hooper girls' blogs. You guys just tell it like it is and I love it. It is good for moms to hear other moms talk about a few days when your kids were terrible :) Luckily, they are so darn cute no one will believe that they could be bad :)
kelsey
That is so awesome you have such a great relationship with your grandma, and there is no way I would ever guess that she was old enough to be your grandma, WOW! I am glad you had fun despite that fun time with the kids.
That's a cute picture. As far as the post goes, all I can say is don't worry Natalie I'm sure my time is coming in the fall.
I have a feeling that since I will no longer be living in Utah anytime soon I might be having a visitor sooner than later as well. Your post sounded like you guys had a wonderful time. I hope thats true. It is a cute picture of the two of you though.
Your Grandma is so cute and funny. What a fun visit. Is she still in my parents ward?!
I/ve never noticed the resemblance to your grandma. I guess I've never sat at looked at the two of you together. I can see your Mom in you--but wow your grandma is there too!!!
cute hair day Natalie!! yes- it's true I finally have joined the blogging world now that we have the internet at home!
Post a Comment