Friday, March 6, 2009

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!
Today we celebrated Matt's 32nd birthday. We didn't do anything too exciting. Matt went to the mall and got knew work clothes and then we went to Red Robin for dinner (Matt's favorite) and finally we went and got movies and treats and made pumpkin pie. Why pumpkin pie? Matt would way rather have that than birthday cake. Sometimes when people post about their children or spouses or lives in general it always seems like peaches and cream. I always think that it's a bit cheesy and unrealistic at times. But as I post this comment I realize that it's the holidays and special moments we have that we want to share with others to uplift them and reflect upon. Realistically, Matt and I want to kill each other some days, but emotionally I would rather have many of those days then not have him at all. I realize I haven't even been with him for even a third of his 32 years, but the seven short years we have been together have been what I have needed to become who I am. I have learned a lot from Matt. I have learned to be more sensitive yet less sensitive??? I have learned to be more affectionate and silly. I am less gullible, I think. I have learned patience, not from him but in dealing with him:) I have learned that quality time is important and that gifts and things don't matter as much as kind words and time well spent together. Matt is a family man. He wants nothing more than for our kids to all be best buds. He is so proud of our children and loves them more than life. He is a hard worker and so dedicated to his calling. People love to be around him and gravitate to him. Out of all those MANY, MANY girls in Happy Valley, I GOT HIM! Little old me??? Who'd a thought??? So, now that I've got em, I'm gonna keep him. I blog first and foremost for my kids. I want them to know now as they read this and in twenty years when they read this that their dad would want nothing more on his birthday now and always than to spend time with them.
We Love You Matt!!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Natalie -
A mom could not ask anything more for her son. Thank you for that. Love June

Amanda said...

Hi Natalie- It's Amanda Hughes. Your blog is so cute. I saw the link on Nicoles blog- I hope you don't mind. You are such a wonderful wife. Your husband is really lucky- all those things you said were beautiful! You are still as beautiful as ever! I'll email you a link to see our blog if you want. Have a great day!

Mindy said...

sounds like you had a fun day. Happy birthday to Matt! I love your family picture! You asked about my duck cake...I just got a Wilton's cake pan online (I think you can get them at Michael's too) and followed the instructions. I know they make all different kinds. It really wasn't too hard, just took me a couple tries to get it to come out of the pan in (almost)one piece.

Emily said...

Happy belated b-day Matt! Bryson realized the date the day after his b-day and felt bad for not calling! I need to get everyone's b-day in a calendar--can't rely on Bryson! Are you guys coming to UT anytime soon? Prob when Blake gets home!? I am excited for that! Love you guys!

The Crazy Clawson's said...

You are to cute...what a great wife you are...and Happy b-day Matt

natalie spratling said...

happy birthday Matt.

brittanimae said...

Happy Birthday to Matt! I think the best couples are the ones who are willing to "have it out" now and again--it keeps things interesting!

Anonymous said...

What does it take to make your damn blog list? Sheesh.

Anonymous said...

NAtaile- I love your family picture! I have enjoyed reading your blog and keeping up, even though I have not been commenting. You are such a great mom and wife, your family is so lucky!

Anonymous said...

Hey matt, why don't you gain some weight... You're making us all look bad...Aaron

P.S. Happy Birthday

Grandma Shauna said...

Between, RS Emails, Facebook and Blogs; Grandma Shauna is having a hard time keeping up with all of these commenting moments. Happy, Happy Late Birthday on this blog - to one of my favorite son-in-laws. From your favorite mother-in-law.

natalie said...

it's all a lie

natalie said...

I did not write that last commetn, Matt did!!!