GO COLTS!!!
Actually I could have cared less who won but Matt wanted the Colts to win. So, this is obviously the Super Bowl cake I made. The pictures have a glare on them but Oh well, this will work. Anyway, this cake has a story and a very bad one at that. I usually have to start making these kind of cakes three days early. The first day you bake, the second day you frost and the third day you decorate. So, it was Sunday the day of the game and I thought I can't bring cake to this party without ice cream. So, I gathered the kids in the car and we went to the gas station (yes, on Sunday) to buy some ice cream. So, I went in the store got the goods and came out. I was sitting in the car and wondering why the kids were being so silent. I then looked down and saw that my cake had been smashed. Now, let's back up. When I went into the gas station I told them not to touch or even look at the cake because I knew clearly that they were completely capable of doing this. So, while I was gone there was a toy in the front on the floor that the boys wanted. Carter leaned over to grab it and Collin pushed him into it on accident. This was the first time ever Abigail wasn't involved in one of my projects being handled so that was a positive. Anyway, when I saw the cake I lit up (and not the cake). I was so mad and sad. I started crying and that in itself told my kids they were in trouble but more importantly it made them feel horrible. I didn't know what to do. I called Matt and cried and he tried to make it better but it had been done. Well after crying and chewing my kids out for getting out of their seat belts and not listening to me the reality was it had been done. So I took the cake anyway and it was fine. I set the cake sown at my friends and put the ice cream in the freezer. After dinner and clean-up we ate the cake. It was a hit and everyone loved it, even the fondant. I took Carter into our friends laundry room and told him I was sorry for freaking out and that he still should have listened but that I shouldn't have gotten so angry. Then, it came time to leave the Winterholler's (our friends) and I realized we never even used the ice cream. So-to make a long story short----If I wouldn't have broken the Sabbath to get ice cream we didn't even eat, then none of this would've happened. Live and learn-right

2 comments:
Oh man that sucks! I never knew that happened. Hey I really want to learn how to make these. Maybe this summer. Who knows though, we always say stuff like that and it never happens :)
Wow! Awesome cake. You are really talented.
Post a Comment