Wednesday, March 10, 2010

MY NEW ADDICTION
So, all of you need to jump on my bandwagon! My new addiction is completely legal and gives me the biggest rush. I am now a coupon junkie. It has made such a difference in our monthly bills and my pantry is never empty. I bet I have saved our family almost $400.00 on average a month. There is definately a skill to it and it can be somewhat time consuming, but after you get the rules and regs down and the lingo and all of the little bits and pieces down it is great! I usually go to Albertson's to use all of mine. Wal-Mart on average is cheaper to shop at. But if you have coupons then Albies is because Wal-Mart doesn't have very many promo's. So, for all of my fam and friends out there who are going to school and "poor as church mice" you need to give me a call. It takes a couple of months to figure it out but it is well worth it. Even if you aren't "poor as church mice" why spend more than you need to? Like I said, it is a bit time consuming so know that. Anyway, my favorite sights to visit are
I will be posting more aobut this because I have to brag about it to someone. Remember also, milk, bread, eggs (the essentials) and produce rarely have bangin deals.
HAPPY COUPONING!!! 2-2 Liters of soda pop
3- boxes cereal
2-large jars of Mayo
2 jars of spaghetti sauce
2- 1/2 gallon's ice cream
2-salad dressing
2-spray butter (0 calories)
2-boxes of butter
1-Freschetta pizza
1-Sauve shampoo
1-Sauve conditioner
2-E.L. Fudge cookies
2-Smart pop boxes
2- large Skippy peanut butter
2-boxes Quaker Instant Oatmeal
3-cans Progresso soup
1-package Rhodes warn-n-serve rolls

All of these items added up to $33.31. As you can see below my savings were $80.28. LOVE IT!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT!!! I NEED TO COUPON CLIP AWAY!! ... I’m not even kidding! I have been wanting to do this for awhile! I'll have to call and ask you more about it!

Reeses Pieces said...

Ugh I can't even stand looking at this. I have got to figure this out. I'm sick at how much more I'm spending when I don't have to. I seriously need to jump on the bandwagon.

Anonymous said...

Nice job! I wish I had more patience with coupons. Do you follow the blog www.freebies2deals.com? She posts deals all the time.
Keep posting/bragging...I love hearing about it. Also a girl in my ward has become a pro with the coupons and creating food storage, her blog is www.cimarronfoodstorage.blogspot.com/
Obviously she only lists Salt Lake stores and prices, but if it helps...

natalie spratling said...

I love it when you save more than you spent. Awesome!! I do love that hip2save.

Emily said...

Ya know I try to use coupons...but it never ends up being that much savings, or the coupon doesn't work and I find it more frustrating than anything! So I envy those that have such success with it! Although, I do like Walgreens coupons and stuff...I have success there, but not at Target! Anyway. That is awesome that you saved so much! ha ha. It is a good addiction to have! :)

Mark and Emily said...

Nice! Thanks for sharing the websites...I'll have to check them out.

lacey said...

Give more pointers please! I have a friend that was so into couponing- her freezers were full of dinner meals and stuff and they put on a lot of weight. I wish I could just figure it all out and find the coupons that worked for me! Not the pop tart and junk cereal ones.

I'm going to check out the websites you recommended! I look forward to more of your insight!

lacey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.