Sunday, September 5, 2010

DA PLANE DA PLANE!!!
Grandpa Dave and Grandma Shauna surprised us with a spontaneous visit and came via grandpa's plane. We were so lucky to have them here the weekend we did because we actually had plans. Our friends invited us to a cute little town called Belfry to go camping for the weekend. Because my parents didn't come prepared for the camping we didn't sleep there but we did everything else. We were able to play by the water, go horseback riding and enjoy mother natures gifts. We took a great little horse ride to some apple trees and it wa such a photo opp and I came unprepared. The kids did great, grandpa did great and I did great. Once we got back I told everyone that I wanted to gallop on a horse instead of trot. I have never galloped and I get jealous watching those who do. So, after a little instruction I got on the horse and headed off. I stopped quickly because I wasn't confident in what to do to not slide from side to side off the saddle. Once I was told what to do I headed off again. So, I was going quickly and actually feeling that little rush I hear about and then the horse came upon a ditch an made an abrupt stop. I was completely unprepared for that. I fell off and landed on my back ad then the bit on the horses reigns hit the top of my head. I'm not going to lie it hurt like crazy. I haven't felt that amount of pain in a long time. I tried to fight the tears but they were coming regardless. As I looked behind me to make sure my kids didn't see (thankfully they were behind the stable distracted) I felt like a little girl again. I saw my dad coming towards me as I was crying and crawling to make sure I was okay. Gosh, a parents job is never done is it? Once we made sure I was okay and wiped the blood and the tears I got back on the horse because I didn't want my kids to be terrified every time they saw a horse. I hurt pretty dang good for a couple of days and was grateful that evening that I was sleeping on a bed and not a sleeping bag. We had a great time that evening just being under the stars, eating yummy food and having good conversation. The next day we went to a cute town called Red Lodge and barbecued at our friends cottage. They have the most therapeutic little getaway that I might escape to one day when nobody knows. It is definitely a small world because my dads really close friend is also close friends with the family who had us over. Finally, we were able to go in Grandpa's plane. Abigail and Collin were super nervous and decided to stay back. Carter, Matt and I went on a ride to see the sights of Billings. Carter was kind of nervous but once we took off he was so happy he came. I was not nervous but nauseous. I lasted the whole time and then once we landed I lost my lunch. For some reason the older I get the more weak my stomach gets. Grandma is a trooper for flying non-stop for three hours with no potty or treat brake. I know it makes my dad so happy flying his plane otherwise I would think he was crazy. I just get plane sick being up there. Most importantly I know Carter will remember that for years to come. It was a great weekend. I wish I had pics of our camping adventure but I don't:( Thanks for the visit mom and dad! Preparing for take-off


4 comments:

Tracy said...

That sounds like so much fun! I wish I had a plane and could just go fly and see my kids whenever I wanted. Sorry you fell off the horse. Chris did that once and hasn't really liked being on a horse since. You all look great. Love ya, Tracy

Mindy said...

How fun that your parents can pop in and surprise you like that! Matt's going to be out there next week to interview for a sports medicine fellowship, wish we were going too...it always looks like such a pretty place.

{Brittany} said...

That is awesome!

Grandma Shauna said...

That day was one bumpy ride home.