So, I have this little problem. Our camera just broke as you know, and we don't have a scanner (yet) and so I am not able to download older pictures I have taken. Therefore, the extent of my Mother's Day posting is a card a random person posted. It feels a bit unpersonal but know I meant well. Anyway, that said, I am grateful for Mother's Day. It is sad that it often takes holidays to reflect on these moments. I am so grateful for a wonderful mother. She has taught all of her children many things. She has taught us independance and sacrifice and pride for this country and service and tonz of other things but most importantly she has taught us to love the Lord and put Him first in our lives. Really, if you do that everything else will work its way out. Something else I have learned from my Mom that is very important to me is there is always the ability to overcome obstacles. As a family we have been given many challenges (just as every family has) some worse than others. I have always been very aware and very blessed to know that no matter how big or how small the hurdle it is always possible to jump over it. My mom is a tough lady and has done a great job at raising five children who have all, and will all continue to face many challenges but who, with the help of our spouses, our Mother and mostly the Lord we will overcome all of them. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MOM!!!Sunday, May 11, 2008
So, I have this little problem. Our camera just broke as you know, and we don't have a scanner (yet) and so I am not able to download older pictures I have taken. Therefore, the extent of my Mother's Day posting is a card a random person posted. It feels a bit unpersonal but know I meant well. Anyway, that said, I am grateful for Mother's Day. It is sad that it often takes holidays to reflect on these moments. I am so grateful for a wonderful mother. She has taught all of her children many things. She has taught us independance and sacrifice and pride for this country and service and tonz of other things but most importantly she has taught us to love the Lord and put Him first in our lives. Really, if you do that everything else will work its way out. Something else I have learned from my Mom that is very important to me is there is always the ability to overcome obstacles. As a family we have been given many challenges (just as every family has) some worse than others. I have always been very aware and very blessed to know that no matter how big or how small the hurdle it is always possible to jump over it. My mom is a tough lady and has done a great job at raising five children who have all, and will all continue to face many challenges but who, with the help of our spouses, our Mother and mostly the Lord we will overcome all of them. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MOM!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Just as you said, we lucked out in the Mom and Mother in law department. You are a good Mom too. You seem to always be with your kids which is a true sign of patience. Happy Belated Mom's Day!
Post a Comment