Tuesday, April 7, 2009

NEW YORK TRIP 2009
the girls and I head go for a girly weekend!
Nicole, Alyson, Kelsey, Amy and I were all fortunate enough to leave the kiddos with the hubby's and head to NYC. It wasn't going to be a long trip and the weather was going to be crappy but none of it mattered because we only had to worry about us. We saw so many things thanks to Kelsey's planning. We bought lots of stuff with the help of our New York street vendors, China Town and H&M. We ate tonz of food, mostly Mexican and then ate some more. We walked and walked and walked and walked ( like pioneer children). We stayed right in Time Square which made finding something to do always easy. The company was great and I am looking forward to our next traditional stop as girls. Thanks Matt for holding down the fort! Every night we walked Time Square because that in its self was entertaining enough.
So, you don't fit into NYC unless you have a cute scarf, coat and hat. I am so out of style. I didn't realize how bad until just recently. I kind of like that Billings is behind and
totally unaware of it. Anyway, I love my new $5 hat.

The pic on the left is for our ship crazy grandma and the pic on the right was just fun.
Alyson's glasses were the best.
Little Italy, Bubba Gumps and the yummy Mexican
restaurant I can't remember the name of.
Just Random stuff!
Serendipity-When something good happens because of chance. Something good happened to us at Serendipity, Kelsey's old friend who happened to serve here bought our dessert. You wouldn't think that's that much, but here just for dessert (which we all didn't even get) was over $70.00! That was so nice of him. It made the sugar that much sweeter!!
Ground Zero-This was such a somber part of New York. It's like a spirit unlike most dwells in this place. It was just a reminder again of the awful events. This gold, round sphere was hanging between the twin towers. There is a flame in front of it that never dies. It was really important for me to see this.
Everything is bigger and better in New York-even M&M's. These pics are
primarily for my kiddos'
Some of the historical sites we saw. I was most surprised by the statue of Washington. This is the building where he was first sworn into office as the 1st President of the United States.
There was so much make-up and chances to play beauty parlor in New york. I love make-up and I love learning new ways to apply it. Nicole, Kelsey, Alyson and I all got our eyes done. Amy is already an old pro at it. I of course, will never get it to look the same again. I absolutely loved the girl (Akira) who did my make-up.
You know bridges give me the willies. I was just fine with walking this bridge and I would have walked the whole thing. It was when I looked down between the cracks that my stomach got a little whoozy.
These are some of the high falutin places we visited. I always think I would want the life of these ritzy people. But really, I would take my simple life any day (with a little extra cash, of course).
The subways are the way to go in the city. I can't believe how technical they are. Thanks to Kelsey we never had a problem. They defiantly were dirty and smelly, but I never felt unsafe like television shows them to be. Then again, I wasn't there at one in the morning either.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun.. Fun.. Fun..

You girls look so cute!!!...You are such a nerd.. you do NOT look like a "MOM"!! You are always so stylish!!

What a BLAST!

Amy said...

I had so much fun getting to know you guys. I am already saving for the next trip :) You have a way cute family!

natalie spratling said...

How fabulous! Bruce and I loved it when we went Agh it has almost been two years. It was fun seeing all of your pictures. I can't wait to hear more about the trip. So Fun!

Evans Fam said...

How fun that you got to take a girl trip...and to New York! Totally jealous...hopefully I'll be able to do something like that with my girls someday...need money first! love all the pictures!

{Brittany} said...

What a fun, fun, girls trip! I love all your darling pictures. You all look so gorgeous. Glad you had fun!

Katie said...

I am sooooo jealous! NY is one of my favorite places to visit. I might invite myself next time,if I don't have a baby, have extra money, have my husband agree to let me go without him, buy new clothes to wear while I'm there, (because you're right, you definatly feel out of place there if you don't wear all black) Sorry this is so long, I'm glad you had fun!We went to lunch with your mom while you were gone to cheer her up so she wouldn't miss all of you too much. Love all the pics too!

Mark and Emily said...

Sounds like your trip was awesome! NYC is some place I've always wanted to visit...of course, I'll have to save up for years before I can afford to shop while there! :)