MY NEW THING!
Or should I say our new thing. So I, along with a lot of you love watching the cake shows. After watching so many of them I got inspired to give it a whirl. After creating a butter cream I liked (doesn't taste like a stick of butter) and finding the fondant recipe I like this is what we got. I have done this once before with simple white fondant. Then, for a baby shower I was asked to do the cake. So, my assistant (Matt) and I created this. I still can't decide if I enjoy it or not. Maybe if I had all of the tools I would more. I am still learning how to make the fondant flawless without any bumps. I am also learning that I have no upper arm strength. Okay so I already knew that but now I'm even more aware of it. Rolling fondant is no easy task, and that's where my assistant comes in. I would be happy to make more and even learn more tricks of the trait. I was really happy with how this turned out. But like always practice makes perfect.

12 comments:
well aaron and i are hovering over the computer in AWE! your cake looks "profesh" in aarons words! and, i'd have to say good freaking job! no really though that looks AMAZING!
ok- teach me the tricks of the trade!!
So adorable! I will never be able to do that...not into that sort of thing, but I am so amazed by others that can! Very cute!
That is beautiful. I love it. Do you watch Ultimate Cake Off? My mom's best friend from college was on it about 2 months ago. I grew up watching her learn and do amazing cakes. It is a talent. Nice job!
Those look awesome. When I come up there in January I wanna learn. The pic looks cute with your blog background, like it was meant to be. haha!
Glad to see you are back. I LOVE Cake Boss. Is he funny or what? Seriously, your cake is awesome... like it came right off the show. I have to do a baby shower in January. I WISH I could enlist your service.
Your family looks darling of course as well ;)
That cake is so cute -- and I know how good your cakes taste -- had the opportunity to try them out. Maybe you can start creating a cake for Christmas -- Hint, Hint!!
So cute! You guys did a great job! I wish I had the patience to try one!
Wow! I love the cake...you've got talent :)
Wow, that is so cute!
It looks to good to eat!!!
Seriously, you have done a wonderful job I am amazed by this new trade you are teaching yourself!
It is absolutely perfect. I think you should bring one for Thanksgiving...YUM!
That is AMAZING! I'm completely envious. You should give lessons.
Post a Comment