Tuesday, November 17, 2009

NASHVILLE-HERE WE COME!

My sister's and I were so lucky to spend a week with my parents in Nashville at my Dad's military convention. They choose a different state every year to host the event, and this year happened to be Nashville. Now if you know my sisters, actually my parents too, we are all fans of country music and the south. So this was a real treat for us. We stayed in the famous and amazing Opryland Hotel. We mostly went to the scheduled events and then did some shopping and of course eating. I felt like a college student again. I love my little family dearly and they are the reason I get up in the morning, but not being a mom for a couple of days and not having those responsibilities was awesome. I actually got ready everyday because there was no cleaning involved and I got to be care free. I wished my husband could have been there to enjoy the military part of it. He would have loved it. But other than that it was a girl/Dad weekend. We were definitely aware of our freedoms and responsibilities as Americans to be ever grateful and have pride in this great country. The service men and women together were inspiring. There is a spirit amongst them that is united. I was proud to be the Generals daughter and more proud to be apart of the blond family that week. Eating at the Military dinner which is usually formal, but being in Nashville it was a western event. Also, all of us at the Grand Ole Opry. It was totally different than what I imagined. It is actually a live radio show with radio exerts and an announcer talking. It was like a high school assembly hall setting and very simple. I guess I imagined it more glamorous. But then again it is country music.

Oh where, Oh where is Alyson??? Alyson was prego and very clear that she wanted no pictures of herself at this event. We snuck in a couple. She looked absolutely great! Any pregnant girl that can walk around in cowboy boots all day is a star in my book
After all of the events most of the military men and women would celebrate like military men and women do. This group however, played cards (no faces) and probably giggled more than most.

This picture is primarily for my husband who loves this stuff. I didn't even hold the gun right either. This isn't the first time I've held a gun the wrong way. Who wants to go hunting with me??? Any takers???
One night every state wore their matching attire and bling and we paraded from each states host party. It was fun to see how each state represented. They would have food, sports themes, music etc.. to represent their state at their host party. My parents were troopers. We being young and blond and female amongst a million men attracted some attention. They harassed us and teased us and even some thought we were still in high school. My Mom and Dad just watched a laughed.
Getting our pic with David Lee Murphy. If only he knew that his song "Dust on the Bottle" was played over and over as Nicole and I snuck our little way to Jackson Hole for the weekend. Seriously, were we insane??? Wow, we got in huge trouble. Abigail, don't even think about it. I've done it all and I'll figure it out.
First and foremost Wynonna is unbelievable! Her voice is insane! She is also a bit insane!
Charlie Daniels was also great! My favorite entertainer though was Phil Vasser. He was up and down and all over the place. His energy level was crazy and he totally captures his audience. We were able to go to the Wild Horse Saloon to see him. I wish I had more pictures of that.
Little miss Kelly was no different here than on Idol. Still ditsy and happy-go-lucky. I think she makes me feel right at home???
Some sights of Nashville. The original Opry, the Nashville Parthenon, Inside our amazing hotel and outside a fantastic little restaurant called Ellendale's. Their pastries were to die for!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had such a wonderful time. I can imagine your dad was very proud of his beautiful women.

Reeses Pieces said...

That was fun to read your perspective of the trip. That already seems like so long ago. I think I'm already for another haha! Great to see your computers up and running. Can't wait to see more posts.

Grandma Shauna said...

That was a fun trip -- wasn't it? Maybe you can talk Dad into Austin.

Anonymous said...

I just love reading about your family and all that you do together and accomplish. You really come from amazing parents! And you are all following in their footsteps. Looks like a great trip.