Yesterday, Sunday a couple of things were put into perspective for me. One being these two pictures. The 2nd Counselor in the Bishopric got up and asked all of the girls and leaders to tell him the top finalists of American Idol. Almost each girl knew them all, even their full names. The ones who didn't know them all missed a couple. Then, he had the girls name all of the Twelve Apostles. It was a sad result. I, along with all of the leaders, the counselor and the girls could not name every Apostle without a picture or a hint. How sad is that? I was definitely put in my place ( at least in my head) and was feeling horrible about that. I hope this coming week as I sit down and listen to Conference I will get to know each Apostle by name and I that I will make more of an effort to continue to develop a relationship with each of them.
7 comments:
I'm totally gonna use this one. Thanks for sharing.
What great posts! I loved your easter one and your cute kids' picture and this one is all too true. Except I don't watch American Idol so I haven't a clue, but I definately have mixed up priorities - so thank you for that! I keep thinking too how many things I take for granted and how there's is crazy, scary and hard things going on all over the world right now, and here I sit in my warm, nice house complaining how I can't spend money and how I wish I could do this and have that... What a brat huh! Anyways, I love reading your posts!
I read this post and felt a little guilty myself, it is so true though, I need to be so much better! If i would spend the time reading my scriptures and going to the temple as I do blogging I would have a one way ticket! Its good to have a wake up call every once in a while!
I bet the girls won't forget that talk and question for a while. Really does make you ponder on what we really make important in our life. Your counselor was a smart man to think of the question.
Love, Mom
I think I would also have a hard time with it. Thanks for posting this.
WOW! That is so true! I can name the "idols" but not the apostles, depressing! I will work on that too!
thanks for this post, we were driving in the car and I was telling my Matt about your post, the two of us couldn't remember all of the apostles, pretty pathetic. Email me at kidscansing@yahoo.com I have a great conference packet thing, I think you and your family would like.
Post a Comment