I'LL RACE YA!!
We were very lucky to have our friends from Mississippi come visit us this weekend. Our families go way back. We ave known our friend Robert and his son Daniel for years. Roberts father and mother are my parents dear friends and our old Branch President from Mississippi. Robert builds engines for short track racing and had a client in Montana. They came to stay here and see Billings and then travel to the various races along the way. We were lucky and got to go one of the races. Matt was in the pit with Robert and Daniel and saw the behind the scenes. The kids and I sat in the bleachers and plugged our ears as the cars raced by. Of course, we also kept the concession in business. How do I say no to my kids when they ask for snacks when I want all of the junk food too??? After the race we were able to join Matt in the pit and meet the drivers and the kids sat in their cars. They loved it and Matt loved it and I loved the people watching. Who has ever been to a concession where you can buy not just the usual red plastic cup of beer but a whole 24 pack. Now that makes for some good people watching!




We were very lucky to have our friends from Mississippi come visit us this weekend. Our families go way back. We ave known our friend Robert and his son Daniel for years. Roberts father and mother are my parents dear friends and our old Branch President from Mississippi. Robert builds engines for short track racing and had a client in Montana. They came to stay here and see Billings and then travel to the various races along the way. We were lucky and got to go one of the races. Matt was in the pit with Robert and Daniel and saw the behind the scenes. The kids and I sat in the bleachers and plugged our ears as the cars raced by. Of course, we also kept the concession in business. How do I say no to my kids when they ask for snacks when I want all of the junk food too??? After the race we were able to join Matt in the pit and meet the drivers and the kids sat in their cars. They loved it and Matt loved it and I loved the people watching. Who has ever been to a concession where you can buy not just the usual red plastic cup of beer but a whole 24 pack. Now that makes for some good people watching!


3 comments:
The pictures of the kids in the cars are great. Sounds like you had a great time. I'm sorry to hear about the "toe" incident. It is amazing the resillience of kids. I'm glad all is well, but how scary for you.
I still can't say I've been to a race and I even live in the "dirty south". One of these days we'll get to one. The Brown's are good people. I'm sure they're were so grateful to have you guys around to entertain them.
What a cool experience! I love love your comment about the beer, lol!
Post a Comment