Saturday, May 2, 2009

UNCLE BLAKE'S COMING HOME!!!
We are so excited that our Uncle Blake is coming home! He just served a wonderful two year mission in Hamburg, Germany. This mission was not an easy mission at all (not that any are). The people of Europe tend to be harder to convert and the people of Germany proved that. Blake is so diligent and kind and genuine and I can't think of one time that he complained about this. Yes, there were those no good, very bad days, but Blake once again proved that love and a big heart triumph in the end. He kept on plugging away and working hard because he knew he was doing the Lord's work, easy or not. Matt served in England and he was a strength to Blake many times. I am going to say this about Blake. I don't know any other person and probably never will who is more kind. I have never heard him say one unkind thing. I have yet to hear him complain. I have never seen him grumpy or even mad. I'm not sure that he's real. When he is made a General Authority, I can't wait to say that I'm related:) He better never use me as an example in any Conference talk. Matt's parents left for Hamburg this week to pick him up. We were very jealous but knew it wasn't financially wise for us to go. I know Carl and June will never forget this time in their life. They will cherish the memory of their German experience forever. We can't wait to see you Blake! We're grateful for the blessing's the family has received because of your service.
WELL DONE!

2 comments:

Reeses Pieces said...

Blake looks a lot like Matt in that picture. I'm sure June and Carl are loving it. One day you and Matt will get there. Maybe Carter will carry out the European missions for you guys. Are you guys heading to UT?

Emily said...

I am so excited to see Blake! Bailey keeps saying randomly, "Uncle Blake is coming home!" It is cute considering she was 2 months old when he left!