Sunday, October 5, 2008

Just some quick shots of my yard and the flowers that finally grew after two years of wondering. I am posting this for my mother-in-law who helped me. I am not doing this to boast. I wish it was my doing but I am slowly learning that a green thumb is either a gene or takes a lot of time to learn. It officially is too cold for flowers here now. So, here comes the dreary snow and the brittle branches. One great thing-we finally have lines in our yard from the lawnmower which means our grass is finally growing. Note to self for the future---A half an acre is way high maintenance. I don't know how people with even larger yards do it???









4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your flowers are beautiful. I don't know how you do it with little kids and it sounds like especially Collin. He is such a busy boy. I love his quotes--his mind is as busy as his body.

Greg said...

I was so excited to read your comment on my blog. I have wondered about you and Nicole forever. I was so glad to read about your cute family and read about Nicole's as well. Isn't the internet great for connecting with old friends. I have such great memories with the Hooper twins. Keep in touch.

Mindy said...

I so agree with the 1/2 acre thing--it is a lot of grass. My mom planted my garden when she was here. Unfortunately, other than a couple weeding sessions that's all the work we got done on the yard. We (and by we I mean Matt) did mow, but we have more weeds than grass. I'll have to get some pointers from you for next summer, cause your flowers look great!

Anonymous said...

We have a 1/3 acre. Seriously...weed city. I would totally do a smaller yard next time. That or more concrete. Lots more.

Dani